Am I fit enough?
We encourage runners of all fitness levels to come and have a go!
Free car parking is available on site – please follow the directional signage and car parking attendants to the correct area. The front section of the car park will be dedicated to disabled customers.
Please note the following:
- You WILL get very wet and muddy – please bring a change of warm clothes, shoes, baby wipes and a towel for the journey home;
- Long sleeves and leg coverings are recommended. Please note you will be very wet/muddy at the end of the course, so please don’t wear anything you don’t not want to get filthy;
- There are NO dedicated changing rooms or showers at the venue;
- BAG DROP AREA – You are welcome to leave your clothes and bags in the Premier Bar as we do have a bag drop area. However Chepstow Racecourse can accept no liability for loss or damage to any items left. It is recommended you do not bring valuables with you and any items are left either with spectators or locked in your car.
Please ensure that you wear appropriate footwear for a muddy terrain course with obstacles and that your trainers are securely fastened! It is recommended you secure your shoes to your feet with gaffer tape. In the interest of safety – no running spikes are allowed.
Toilets are located in the Premier Stand, and there will be event toilets along the course.
Food and Drink
There will be food and drink outlets inside the Premier Foyer and Owners & Trainers Bar, serving café style food with breakfast options.
There will be an official Photographer on the day taking photographs of the runners on the day, which will be used by Chepstow Stampede for marketing purposes and on our Social Media sites. You will be able to purchase photographs from the official photographer on the day.
Obstacle Opt Out
You can choose to opt out of any of the obstacles on route if you do not feel comfortable tackling it (this will affect placings)
Water on route
No need to bring a water bottle, there be water stations on route! A bottle of water is also available at the start line.
Spectators are very welcome and we encourage as many to come to cheer on and motivate our Stampeders through the course.
- There are toilet and café facilities in the Main Grandstand
- Please dress appropriately for the weather, the racecourse is very exposed to the elements
What does my entry include:
- Access to either the 5km, 10km or Mini Stampede
- Access to our Medical Emergency Team on site for the event
- Access to Water Stations across the course
- A small medal on finishing the race, and prizes to those featuring in the placings
- Dedicated and trained Marshals across the course to help all entrants
- A donation to our chosen charities (the ABF and Breast Cancer Care).
For your safety, Marshals will be on hand throughout the whole course at most of the obstacles and on crossover points. Please follow their advice and guidance at all times. If you need help during an obstacle or during the course, please make this known to a steward.
- Please don’t go “off piste” and follow the official route at all times to ensure your safety, which will be clearly marked.
- Please don’t wear an Ipod, portable music device or watches/ equipment that are not water proof, you may not be aware of a stewards instructions and it will get wet.
A first aid vehicle and trained crew will be provided for the event. If you need assistance, please make this known to a steward who will be able to get you help as soon as possible. Please ensure you complete the emergency details on the back of your race number prior to the event.
- If you fail to finish, please advise a marshal at the finish line so we know you are safe
ARE THERE ANY AGE RESTRICTIONS?
There is an advised minimum age of 14yrs for the 5K and 18yrs for the 10K however individual abilities vary greatly so the decision must lie with the consenting adult / parent.
On the back of your number there will be a medical form, which you will be expected to complete, so that our medical team can look after you on the day should anything happen.
We strongly advise that you do NOT compete if you are pregnant.
First Aid is onsite if you are experiencing any problems during the race, please flag this up with one of the stewards where medical assistance will be with you as soon as possible.